Monday, April 4, 2011

Afrique's Iloilo

I recently went to Iloilo (alone.loser much?) and decided to chillax for three days and explore what the city has to offer gastronomically. I was referred by soo many people to Afrique's so I checked it out during my last day in Iloilo. I ordered their Osso Bucco which was HEAVENLY! The sauce was tangy and savory and had ust a little spice. Plus, I could really make out the taste of the lemon rind, which helps cut through the velvety and uber-tender umptuousness of the beef. I think i just had a food-gasm.
And in true Pinoy fashion, I ate my Osso Bucco with white rice. LOL. I lurve that it didn't break the bank though. I think the dish cost around 275 pesos. That's pretty affordable, in my opinion. Oh, and the waitstaff looked gorgeous. teehee.
And this place mat with a kitschy article kept me entertained as I waited for my order (which didn't take very long). I needed it because I have the attention span of a goldfish (2 seconds). I wish I could have staed in Iloilo so I could have MORE Osso Bucco and maybe even try the rest of Afrique's offerings.

No comments:

Post a Comment