Friday, April 2, 2010

BFB (Big Flat Bread) in Cagayan de Oro City

I visited Cagayan de oro City recently and I must say, my stay there was total bliss. Of course, what is a vacay without good food? So I tried some of the restos near the hotel I was staying at (Mallberry).

A stone's throw away from my hotel (well, depending on where and how you throw the stone. Seriously, it is a two minute walk away) was the gorgeously decorated BFB or Big Flat Bread.

BFB CDO (sorry. I couldn't resist it.It was just too cute to type out)

So during my first night in CDO, Dad and I, along with my Aunt and cousin dined at this quirky pizza place. here is the low down:

We had ordered a considerable feast and the first item that was served was their Carbonara. If you aren't a fan of Pasta that actually has some character to it (that is, has a distinctive taste instead of the bland cream sauce everyone seems to be soo exposed to these days) then you would not like their Carbonara. But then again, if you aren;t a fan of Pasta that actually has some character in it, you probably are a loser... or you aren't a foodie at all. ( I am totally kidding). So how does it taste like? DIvine. It was creamy, but not overly creamy. It was pretty good for its price. More importantly, it was wiped out even before I could take a sip of water. Yes, my family ate it up like Piranhas would do fresh, bloody meat.

The buffalo wings were tart and slightly spicy. They were juicy and perfectly seasoned. I liked them. Honestly, my first introduction to Buffalo wings was that of Don Henrico's (the spicy, crunchy, smoky, chicken that had a certain depth to it) so I usually compare other Buffalo wings to my memory of that taste. However, the BFB Buffalo wings just could not be compared to the ones Don Henricos served ONLY BECAUSE they are of a completely different vein. That is NOT to say these weren;t good. They are just completely different. Did I like the BFB Wings? Yes I did. In fact, I think it is the best I've had in a very long time (and yes, that includes the Buffalo wings I've had in Marco Polo Davao).

The buffalo wings from BFB pizza CDO is more reminiscent to the traditional American Buffalo Wings. They are tangy and spicy and super tender. I looove it.

the pizza was good. I mean, there are a dozen and one pizza places in the country.and obviously, we all have our favorites. However,for its price and for its taste, it may just be my new favorite. It is not greasy at all and the crust was perfectly baked.and oh, by the way, their pizzas are HUGE!!!!

I had sooo much fun eating their pizza. since there were only four of us that night we decided to order their second to the largest pizza which we finished in no time. I was left super full and super happy.hahaha. My daddy was equally happy as he did not pay much to keep his foodie son full. Bwahahaha



the fried chicken was good as well. It wasn't OH-MY-GOD-THIS-IS -THE-MOST-AMAZING-CHICKEN good, but it was really really good for a place that specialized in pizzas. Plus, can anyone actually tell if Fried Chicken is good anymore? I mean there are soo many fried chicken places these days which all taste nice so it seems like all fried chicken is good chicken. So how the fried chicken at BFB? It ws cooked jsut right. meaning, the skin was crunchy yet the insides were still moist and not gamey at all. Their chicken came with potato wedges which were delightful. I loved, loved, loved, loved, loved them!


All in all, BFB served up some really good dishes. I think the allure of this resto lies in the location and the interiors. The resto is funky and aesthetically pleasing. The interiors reel you in with their quirky designs,and once you taste their food, you will wish that you were held captive for good. Yes. The food is good. So good that I want to live in BFB-land. Plus, i really loved the potatoes.

Check BFB CDO at the Rosario Arcade inside the Lim Ket Kai compound. Oh, and by the way... the potatoes are really good.

Wait, did I mention that the potatoes are good?

2 comments: