Thursday, August 5, 2010

Margie's Pastries

margies is one of the patisseries I do not really frequent, but when I do, I really enjoy their food.
I especially like the brownie thins. These are quite pricey, at seventy (i think) pesos for this little package but they are really addictive. They are basically super thin and super crunchy pieces of brownies which are oh-so-good.
This cake was also really good. Although the ame of this cake escaes me, you must try this the next time you visit Margies (there's a branch near SM Davao and one in Torres)
The profiteroles were kind of disappointing though. Profiteroles are basically choux pastries (the same pastry that you get with éclair and cream puffs) with chocolate icing and cream. However, their version had a thinner chocolate liquid that almost tasted like a ganache. They also served it with some cream. However, the dessert wasn't sweet AT ALL. And i love sweet desserts... so i was terribly disappointed...
Their red velvet cupcake was quite good though. I loved how sweet the icing was. Hahaha. Oh, and their chocolate truffles were a bit too bitter for my liking. :D Dust off some cocoa powder before actually consuming the product. Was it as creamy as I expected it to be? No.


No comments:

Post a Comment