Monday, December 28, 2009

Papa's Bday

My Dad celebrated his birthday recdently and my mom prepared a little sumthin sumthin for him. This is very typical of Filipino celebrations... the dishes do not really compliment each other but hey, as long as they taste good independently, theyre good enough




We had some Chopsuey since my dad says he has to eat more veggies
I love how the veggies have retained their color
Lumpia Shanghai which are spring rolls filled with minced pork, carrots, shrimp and some secret ingredients.haha
they are pan fried until they get golden and uber crunchy.
I also bought some Szechuan crabs from Let's Crab Eat. They werer really spicy and garlicky and tasty. The flavor was unique and very interesting. I loved how the sharp taste of the chili and ginger contrasted against the silky, slightly sweet meat of the crab

We also ahd Kare Kare which is basically Ox Tail and Stomach in Peanut Sauce.
It also has eggplant, heart of palm, and string beans
We also had grilled Tuna belly. Perfectly seasoned and grilled!

This is Papa's fave: chicken macaroni salad with pickle relish. eeew. I hate MAYO! Blah



We also had some baked spaghetti which, according to Pinoy tradition, makes one live longer when eaten during his or her birthday
This is me, starting to pig out. In my boxers. You could tell from my hair that i just woke up
Looking stupid
Looking stupider
All these photos were taken with my Sony Cybershot w290. TYhank you sony philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment