Friday, October 22, 2010

Big Ben Gensan



Whenever I get bored with life, I ride a bus and head straight to Gensan. It is only three hour saway from Davao and a bus ride costs a measly 225 pesos. Whenever I go to Gensan, I always try to look for new foodie finds. During my last Gensan trip, I found the interesting Big Ben.

Big Ben Gensan is an upsacle resto along the fron strip of Robinson's Gensa. They serve a lot of Filipino favorites including Kare-Kare and the Spanish-inspired Paella. However, they are famous for their steaks. So that is what I ordered.

For only 350 Pesos, my black pepper steak was great. It was cooked really, really well. It was perfectly seasoned and wa svery tender, even though I had mine medium-well. Their gravy was rich and thick and savoury, exactly how I like it.

For 350 bucks, this was a steal! The meal came with my steak, some buttered veggies, mashed potatoes drenched in gravy, green salad with mango vinaigrette, a creamy soup, and even a cute and moist cupcake.

We also ordered their Paella Negra. The rice was nicely cooked, it was still quite al dente, and the toppings were very juicy and moist.

Try Big Ben Gensan whenever you are in the city of Tunas.

1 comment:

  1. I agree!

    Big Ben's serve some of the best steaks in GenSan! Try their Tuna steaks for a change next time you drop by.

    Or hie off to Tiongson Arcade, look for Euro Kitchen and order their own T-Bone. It's humongous!

    Dont say I didn't warn you.

    Magandang GenSan mula sa GenSantos.Com!

    ReplyDelete