Friday, October 22, 2010

Culinary Creations: Paprika Dory, Mango Salsa, Bean and Pea Soup

One of my culinary idols--My Tita Pura-- visited us in Davao a couple of months ago. i decided to welcome her wth some of my Culinary Creations. Here is what I prepared:

Bean and Pea Soup: Now, soup is not one of my best suits. i do not really know how to make a good soup so I decided to boil some peeled and diced potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, onions, and some garlic. Then, I strained out the veggies and put it straight ina blender to make a thick soup (almost paste-like). Then, I put it all back in the water I used to boil it in and mixed it until I achieved a thick but smooth consistency. Then i added my faves: green peas ad garbanzo beans

Paprika Dory with Mango Salsa. This was very easy to make. I simply marinated the dory with fresh lemon juice, salt, pepper, and paprika and then pan-fried it.

The Mango Salsa I made with it simply contained diced ripe mangoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, and some parsley. I used to put some onions in it but it turned out to be too strong. So for this one I added caramelized onions to give it a sweet taste. I did not season it with salt or pepper as I liked the clealiness of the taste

Hummus: I also made some hummus by blnding some garbanzo beans, sesame oil, olive oil, black pepper, salt, garlic, and some lemon juice until I achieved a super smooth consistency. I served this with some flour tortillas.

Oh and I served some roasted chicken that went with the hummus and tortilla. It was marinated with cumin, salt, pepper, maple syrup, garlic, onions, and then cooked in the Turbo broiler. It was pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment