Friday, October 22, 2010

Candy's CDO

Whenever I visit CDO I always make it a point to dine at Candy's because they have some of the best pastries and cakes this side of the Philippines. During my last trip I (with my family) ate several of their desserts.

Let's start with the Cara-Vanelle. This dessert has been featured in this blog before. Cara-Vanelle is a caramel mousse with chocolates, dried peach, and little bits of granola-bar-ish squares. Yes. That is the one in the lower left-hand corner of the photo

Sylvanna- the one on top of the Cara-Vanelle (in the photo) is their version of a Sylvanna. That costs around 160 pesos and is HUGE. It is good enough for four people to share. It is super crunchy and creamy on the inside.

The Pecan Tart is the one photographed on the upper-left-hand portion of the collage. It was a god size, but it was a bit pricey. Anyway, it was very chewy and very rich. It was redonkuluously yummy

On the top part of the collage is their Mango Delight (i think. or mango rhapsody.or mango something) Anyway. It is made of mango. I know the outside of the cake looks like it has yellow icing ut that is actually paper-thin strips of Mango. It has a light taste and is served chilled. It reminds me of a really good refrigerator cake. it was not very sweet, and i really liked how soft it was. its my new Candy's fave. Check Candy's CDO out on your next visit to CDO

No comments:

Post a Comment