Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cafe El Gato

My family and I decided to eat at Cafe El Gato one Sunday. I didn't really know what to expect, but it actually turned out to be spectacular. Overall, the dishes were yum-o, and the service was excellent.

We started the meal with complimentary banana chips. I didn't eat any of course, since i HATE bananas. But my brothers say it tastes good. I would imagine all banana chips taste good. :D I wouldn't really know...next!
We were then served with cheesy potato wedges. obviously (as you can see in the photo) they sprinkled bacon bits all over the dish. it was comforting, it was warm, it was good. yum-o! Can you really go wrong with potato bacon and cheese?
We then had some spring rolls. I think these had some Ubod inside. I don't really know what ubod is but i think it's from the insides of coconut trunks
We also had buffalo wings. these were yum-o as well. i was actually surprised at how tender the chicken was, and how the tangy sauce makes it oh-so-good.I would like to apologize to he chef for not trying the dip, but i was afraid it had mayo and me don't likey mayo. :D sorry

One of the prettiest dishes we had at Cafe El Gato was the curried crocodile. If you are wondering how crocodile tastes like..well, imagine a chicken and a fish having a love child. It tastes nice. and the sauce was great. and the toasted strips of coconut...cute. unfortunately, i thought there were too many coconut pieces that it actually overpowered the rest of the dish. But they added another layer of texture. so it worked for me. Will i order this the next time i visit El Gato? Hell yeah!

Below is my favorite dish at El Gato. Actually, I think this is my favorite version of Lengua. Ever.

It was creamy, it was rich, it was perfectly seasoned, and it was hearty. I just could not keep my hands off this dish. This dish actually reminded me of holidays; it brought back so many warm emotions. Aaaah. I do not know what else to say...but when in El Gato, you definitely have to try this.

We also had Bistek Tagalog, which was very tender. It tasted like my Mom's version so that made me happy
Even their rice is cute. don't ya think?


This is the family enjoying our meal. :D
Don't mind me..i'm just staring at the Lengua dish

No comments:

Post a Comment