Friday, April 2, 2010

Candy's

During my second day in CDO i visited Candy's just to have dessert. The interior of this quaint resto is breath taking. Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to take pictures inside, but here are some pictures of the set-up in the al fresco portion of the resto. You must admit, it looks a hell lot like Miami. Right? Right.



I ordered this piece of cake. Admittedly, it was small, and not very appetizing to look at, but there was something about it that just seemed like it was begging for me to take a bite. And i did. Actually, i took more than a a bite.

This piece of cake is called the cara-vanille (i think). It costs around 170 pesos but every little bite was well worth it.
The top is decorated with a sliver of almond, a piece of dried peach, and a piece of milk chocolate. Basically, it is a caramel mousse (with chunks of chocolate, hints of vanilla, and i think there were some pieces of dates too) laid on top of a crunchy chocolate base that seemed to be half-crusty, half-doughy. It had hints of hazelnut which made it taste a LOT like a piece of Ferrero Rocher

Those little squares actually resemble granola bars. These squares tasted like oats, and had sesame seeds too. Actually, they tasted pretty much like fig newtons...which is very strange since it does not have any figs in it. I don't know how to explain this dish properly. It was just magical. it was probably the best piece of cake i have ever eaten. ever
Now this is candy's by night. The waitresses look so cute with those orange aprons...
I started the night off with a Kamikazee which was shocking to me, because for 160 pesos, it came in a small shot glass. I mean, in Davao, this would have been a full on cocktail, and not a shooter. but it did the job..i guess
Now the highlight of my night was this HUGE piece of sylvanna. It is reasonably priced, at 160 for this huge piece. I think 3 people can share this easily..
Whenever you visit cdo try the cara-vanille,t hen the sylvanna. haha. you will thank me for it


No comments:

Post a Comment